Monday, January 19, 2009

Difficult Trip

Tomorrow is one of those days that I wish never comes and yet I really need for it to come. Confusing? Yes, but no. You see my 17 year old cat has a cancerous tumor and it is too close to the spine to remove along with the fact it would cost me about $10,000 to do it right. So, we are taking her to Raleigh, North Carolina to the vet hospital that specializes in oncology. We will have to leave her there until Thursday. While she is there she will have a CT scan and a treatment of radiology. We are hoping that the treatment will slow down the disease and give us some more time with her. I can't imagine how I feel tomorrow leaving her....I just don't think I can manage, but I know in my heart I must and I will.

Pets are so wonderful and they are family and you get so attached to them, that it hurts when they are ill or when you lose them. I can't imagine life without our kitty, but I know that it will become a reality all too soon. Pets are such a comfort and give unconditional love to us. On one side of my heart I can't image living with another cat, but on the other side of my heart I can't imagine living without a cat. I know there will never be another Soda Pop, she is such a special kitty.

So, dear friends and readers, please say a prayer that Soda will be better and that I will survive.

1 comment:

heather said...

oh, carol, i'm so sorry to hear this. i hope things went well at the oncologist. i know your heart must be hurting now...

sending you (and soda!) love!