Sunday, December 28, 2008

Empty House

Well, Santa has come and gone and so have all the children and grandchildren. It is amazing how quiet and empty my house is now. It was so wonderful to have everyone home for the holidays and to hear the words "Gramma, I love you!", "Gramma sit here with me". It was such a wonderful time. I guess you never get used to hearing those little voices and seeing those eyes light up on Christmas morning. Needless to say it was great!

I am truly blessed to have such an awesome family. My children were all so great, even if Mark wasn't here in person, he called and that helped fill the void. As I think back over the past few days it is truly amazing just how fortuate I am. We all have our health, we all have jobs, or at least those of us who wish to be employed, and we all have each other. It is such a grand feeling to sit back and count the blessing we have. I may be old enough for social security now that I had the BIG birthday on the 22nd, but I certainly don't feel that old. As my mother always said you are only as old as you feel and I don't feel any other then 35!

I am spending a lot of time just wandering around the house recalling all the people, voices, and events that recently took place here. The mind and memory are wonderful tools. The certainly keep you young at heart.

I am so thankful for my family and friends and as I approach a new year 2009, I only hope it is filled with health and happiness for everyone.

No comments: